My Worst Call of the Day

From the dozens of idiotic calls I take each day as a customer service representative, I humbly submit the winner.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Dude, Where's My Truck?

Today’s calls were fairly uneventful, so instead I’m offering up a chestnut from my days as a customer service rep at a trucking company. During my employment there, my fellow reps and I maintained a list of the most outrageous excuses for missed pickups or deliveries. Here are the top five, as I remember them. Enjoy.

1) Missed delivery due to bad gas. We were never really sure if this applied to the truck or the driver.

2) Missed delivery due to lack of personnel; all the drivers were drunk at Mardi Gras.

3) Missed delivery because, while en route, the driver won the Arizona state lottery and ditched the truck by the side of the road, never to be heard from again.

4) Missed pickup because the circus was in town. We were never actually given a reason as to why this caused the missed pickup, but the possibilities are intriguing.

5) Missed delivery due to a sucked tube. We assumed this was something technical related to the truck, but it’s also equally possible that the driver detoured at a rest stop along the way . . . lucky bastard.


More of these to come, assuming I can remember any more. I lost a good chunk of my long-term memory after a drunken escapade at Mardi Gras one year. And if anyone here knows a truck driver named Ramon, tell him I still have his keys.

+++

For more blogs or sites covering these topics, try these links to Technorati:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home