My Worst Call of the Day

From the dozens of idiotic calls I take each day as a customer service representative, I humbly submit the winner.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

King of the Douchebags

Today's "worst call" winner called me to complain that he was upset with his phone company. I hear that a lot, of course, but the reason for his complaint was rather novel. He was unhappy that his phone company offers particular benefits to its employees, including: 1) donating matching funds to organizations its employees contribute to, including (gasp) Planned Parenthood, and 2) that it sponsors a group for the company's gay employees.

This caller told me that the company's funding of these activities infringed on his constitutional rights (he omitted which particular ones these might be), and that he didn't want to see his money spent on things he didn't approve of.

Ultimately, since my manager frowns on me telling people to go get a fucking life, all I could do was explain that my agency has no jurisdiction over issues like this (frivolous and inane as they are), and suggest that he find a new phone company (preferably a Halliburton subsidiary) if he was unhappy with this one.

I weep for people with this much spare time on their hands.

+++

For more blogs or sites covering these topics, try these links to Technorati:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home