My Worst Call of the Day

From the dozens of idiotic calls I take each day as a customer service representative, I humbly submit the winner.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Introduction

As a customer service rep, I spend a good deal of time on the phone each day, much of it spent providing information to kind, reasonable, intelligent people. However, I also receive calls from the whiny, the arrogant, and those who are simply too stupid to live. As you may imagine, these calls tend to be more memorable, and occasionally, even blog-worthy.

To give you some background about the kind I calls I receive, I work for a government agency that regulates public utilities, particularly the gas, electric, and phone companies. I receive calls each day that vary from the serious: "Oh my God, they just shut off my heat and it's 15 degrees outside!"--to the ridiculous: "I think aliens are tapping into my phone line."

That said, welcome to the blog: my outlet, my therapist, and my antidote to the madness of my daily calls from Hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home